Sat, 30 Nov|
Chile - 7D6N Dientes de Navarino Classic Route
Embrace the Patagonian wilderness on the southernmost trek in the world
Expedition Date & Location
30 Nov 2019, 7:00 am – 06 Dec 2019, 2:00 pm
Punta Arenas, Punta Arenas Airport (PUQ)
About the Expedition
At a latitude of 55°S, you are literally at the end of the world. This far south, the weather changes rapidly. Feel the force of the Patagonian wind as you trek over rocky mountain passes. Seek shelter in the pristine lenga forests. Each day promises you a different perspective of the jagged peaks of the Dientes de Navarino mountain range.
The Dientes de Navarino Classic Route is a 5-day trek through one of the most pristine and wild environments!
Departure / Arrival Point: Punta Arenas Airport (PUQ)
Duration: 7 days (5 trekking days)
Distance: 36 km / 22.4 miles
Grading: Grade III / demanding. An above average level of fitness is required as days can involve more than 6 hours of trekking in remote and rugged terrain, in sometimes adverse weather conditions. Generally, trekkers can expect to carry full packs of approx. 10 kgs to 12 kgs.
Season: November to April
Cost: USD2,500 per person
Single Supplement: USD250 per person
Group Size: Min. 2 trekkers / max. 8 trekkers
- Specialised bilingual guide,
- 1 porter for every 3 trekkers to carry camp equipment and food,
- 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners,
- Airfare between Punta Arenas and Puerto Williams,
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in Puerto Williams for two nights, before and after the trek, and
- Transportation between Puerto Williams airport and accommodation.
- Airport transfer in Punta Arenas,
- Porter to carry personal gear at a cost of 80,000 Chilean Pesos per day (approximately USD135). This must be pre-booked with Pudu Puda,
- Items of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, drinks of any kind,
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad,
- Tips for the guides and porters,
- Visa application fees,
- Comprehensive travel insurance,
- International airfares and related taxes, and
- Any trip extension.
A member of the Pudu Puda Travel team will be in touch shortly with detailed information about this expedition and to discuss potential departure dates with you.