Chile - 9D8N Torres Del Paine O Circuit
Expedition Date & Location
About the Expedition
This far south, the weather changes rapidly. Feel the force of the Patagonian wind as you trek over rocky mountain passes of Torres Del Paine National Park. Seek shelter in the pristine lenga forests. Each day promises you a different perspective of the peaks which rise above the fjords and lakes at the end of the world. The Torres Del Paine National Park is a 18,400-hectare UNESCO Biosphere which is rich in wildlife. Spring is one of our favourite times in the Park because there are less visitors, the Park is full of wild orchids in bloom and the wildlife are social after a long, cold winter.
The O Circuit is a 9-day trek around the Paine Massif on paths less travelled!
Departure / Arrival Point: Puerto Natales
Duration: 9 days (9 trekking days)
Distance: 111 km / 69 miles
Grading: Grade III / demanding. An above average level of fitness is required as days can involve more than 6 hours of trekking in remote and rugged terrain, in sometimes adverse weather conditions. Generally, trekkers can expect to carry full packs of approx. 10 kgs to 12 kgs.
Season: November to April
Cost: USD3,000 per person
Single Supplement: USD250 per person
Group Size: Min. 2 trekkers / max. 8 trekkers
- Specialised bilingual guide,
- Porters to carry camp equipment and food,
- Entry fees to Torres Del Paine National Park,
- 8 breakfasts, 8 trail lunches and 8 dinners,
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in tents and refuges along the trek, and
- Transportation between Puerto Natales and Torres Del Paine National Park on the first and last days of the trek.
- Airport transfer to Puerto Natales,
- Accommodation in Puerto Natales,
- Porter to carry personal gear at a cost of 80,000 Chilean Pesos per day (approximately USD135). This must be pre-booked with Pudu Puda,
- Items of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, drinks of any kind,
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad,
- Tips for the guides and porters,
- Visa application fees,
- Comprehensive travel insurance,
- International and domestic airfares and related taxes, and
- Any trip extension.