Peru - 11D10N Huayhuash Circuit Classic Route
Expedition Date & Location
About the Expedition
The Huayhuash Circuit Classic Route is Pudu Puda Travel's latest offering in Peru, which takes you to the north of the country into the heart of the snow-capped Andes. If you like the proximity to high snow-capped mountains and glacial lakes, then this is the trek for you.
Peru is known for Machu Picchu, Cusco and the Sacred Valley; but in the north of Lima, there is a less renowned mountain range which is well-known in the climbing community – Cordillera Huayhuash. This is probably one of Peru’s best kept secrets! The mountain range straddles the Pacific and Amazon Basins, which means that the weather changes quickly here. But fortune favours the brave, and those who come to the Huayhuash will be rewarded with unforgettable views of the snow-capped Andes, glacial lakes and one of the most beautiful high-altitude treks in the world.
This expedition is for the trekker who is looking to explore the spectacular landscape of Peruvian Andes off the beaten path. This is a very dynamic trail with a variety of terrain to challenge even the most seasoned hikers, especially with the altitude. There are a few high mountain passes more than 4,500 metres above sea level, but we guarantee that you’ll probably be the only one enjoying the unobstructed views of the Cordillera Huayhuash’s snow-capped mountains, including Siula, made famous by the film Touching the Void.
This trek is fully supported, which means you will have a private brigade of guides, kitchen and camp staff to ensure that you enjoy a luxurious camping experience! There will also be pack animals to carry the camp equipment, food and all personal gear, so trekkers are only required to carry their daypack.
Departure / Arrival Point: Lima
Duration: 11 days (8 trekking days)
Distance: 74.2 km / 46.1 miles
Grading: Grade III / demanding. An above average level of fitness is required as days can involve more than 6 hours of trekking in remote and rugged terrain, in sometimes adverse weather conditions. Generally, trekkers can expect to carry day packs of approx. 5 kgs to 10 kgs.
Season: April to November
Cost: USD3,250 per person (Early Bird Price of USD2,600 if booked before 31 March)
Single Supplement: USD400 per person
Group Size: Min. 6 trekkers / max. 10 trekkers
- Specialised bilingual guide,
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary,
- Kitchen staff and horsemen during the trek,
- National park and campsite permits and fees,
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in a 3-star hotel in Huaraz for two nights,
- Tent on a twin sharing basis, sleeping bag and sleeping pad,
- Transportation between Lima, Huaraz and Cajatambo.
- Accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Lima for two nights, before and after the trek,
- Transportation between Lima airport and accommodation,
- Items of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, drinks of any kind,
- Tips for the guides and porters,
- Visa application fees,
- Comprehensive travel insurance,
- International airfares and related taxes, and
- Any trip extension.