[SOLD OUT] Bhutan - 13D12N Trail of a Thousand Yaks
Expedition Date & Location
About the Expedition
This expedition is for the trekker who is looking to explore the spectacular landscape of Bhutan off the beaten path. From the ancient capital of Punakha, we will begin our expedition towards Bhutan’s modern capital, Thimphu. We will follow ancient trails used by yak herding nomads and travellers, crossing clearings and skirting ridges with the promise of views of the Greater Himalayas.
Departure / Arrival Point: Paro Airport (PBH)
Duration: 13 days (9 trekking days)
Distance: 98 km / 60.9 miles
Grading: Grade III / demanding. An above average level of fitness is required as days can involve more than 6 hours of trekking in remote and rugged terrain, in sometimes adverse weather conditions. Generally, trekkers can expect to carry day packs of approx. 5 kgs to 10 kgs.
Season: April to November
Cost: USD3,250 per person
Single Supplement: USD230 per person
Group Size: Min. 2 trekkers / max. 8 trekkers
- Specialised bilingual trekking guide,
- Pack animals to carry personal gear, camp equipment and food,
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary,
- Mineral water while in the cities and boiled water while trekking,
- All transportation within Bhutan for activities listed as part of this expedition, including airport transfers,
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in local 3-star hotels for 5 nights before and after the trek,
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis in tents,
- Camp equipment, including sleeping tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, dining tent, toilet tent, portable chairs and tables,
- First aid kit, portable oxygen cylinder, Gamoy bags and satellite phone in case of an emergency,
- Fees for park entrances and permits required,
- Tourism Development Fund fees for camp sites, and
- Government visa fees and royalties, service charge and sales tax.
- Airfare to and from Paro and related taxes,
- Items of personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, drinks of any kind,
- Tips for the guides, camp staff and horsemen / yak herders,
- Comprehensive travel insurance, and
- Any trip extension.